Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fame and Fortune

Well, I listened to the first hour of this production. I never saw, " the television classic The Glittering Prizes" so I'm not revisiting my old friends from that show and didn't care about them enough when I met them while listening to Fame and Fortune.
I tried to care. I wanted to care. After all BBC Radio 4 is filling 12 hours of radio drama time and their two most interesting slots that often are occupied with adventurous drama, with this behemoth. I'm mostly a fan of anthology over serials so it makes me sad that we lose two very good anthology slots to this soap opera. It also causes concern about what the BBC has planned for the future of these two drama slots. Hopefully they will return to normal after this is over. I hope someone gets some joy out of all the time and effort put into producing Fame and Fortune. It's just not for me.
Apparently I'm not the only one in distress. Read the thread on the BBC Radio Four Message Board. There are several flames on Fame.

The Saturday Play

Fortunately I found alternative amusement watching The Who Amazing Journey movie last night on TV. It is worth a look for anyone remotely interested in that sort of thing.

No comments: